- Bachelor of Laws – James Cook University
- Legal Practitioner of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Legal Practitioner of High Court of Australia
- Queensland Law Society
- Queensland Environmental Law Association (QELA)
- Planning Institute of Australia (PIA)
- Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA)
Kirstiana Ward is a Solicitor based in p&e Law‘s Cairns office, specialising in planning, environment and native title in Far North Queensland and Statewide. Kirstiana was admitted as a lawyer in 2010.
Kirstiana has extensive experience in advising local and state government clients, individuals, community organisations and native title bodies on a range of issues. Kirstiana’s experience includes:
- Drafting local laws and guiding councils through to adoption and implementation;
- Advising Indigenous councils and corporations in relation to land and title requirements for land use, land planning, cultural heritage and infrastructure;
- Advising TSRA and various Aboriginal councils post native title to transfer land;
- Advising, drafting and negotiating on ILUAs, future acts and transferring tenure;
- Advising and drafting documents for governance issues;
- Advising on legal compliance requirements for Cultural Heritage Guidelines;
- Advising on the land transfer at Yarrabah, worked closely with the council and Indigenous community on blockholder leases;
- Reviewing and preparation of commercial agreement and leasing for various Aboriginal councils and Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander corporations; and
- Collaborating with relevant government, agencies and stakeholders;
- Advising and defending actions for offences under the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Act 1975 and the Nature Conservation Act 1992;
- Advising and defending actions under Queensland’s Environmental Protection Agency and Maritime Safety Queensland for offences against protected species and shipping matters.
Kirstiana enjoys building strong successful relationships with clients by understanding their ongoing needs and goals from start to finish.
Kirstiana comes to the firm with previous experience in government, environment, commercial, corporate, employment, property, shipping and fishing law.