211 Draper St, Cairns QLD 4870
T: 07 4041 7622
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Environmental Management (Honours 1 Class), University of Queensland
- Queensland Law Society
- Far North Queensland Law Association (FNQLA)
- Queensland Environmental Law Association (QELA)
- Planning Institute of Australia (PIA)
- Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA)
- Property Rights Australia
Renee joined p&e Law’s Maroochydore office in January 2015 as a law graduate. Renee has recently joined the team in our Cairns office after relocating from the Sunshine Coast to North Queensland.
Renee has a professional and academic background in environmental management and has experience in environmental assessment and reporting.
Since joining p&e Law, Renee has gained a wide range of experience across the firm’s core practice areas, including planning and environment, coal seam gas, mining and native title. Specific areas of expertise include:
- advising, drafting and negotiating agreements for coal seam gas and coal mine developments, including Conduct and Compensation Agreements and Make Good Agreements;
- environmental law issues relating to groundwater, land rehabilitation, erosion and sediment control, noise and dust nuisance and vegetation management;
- advising on offences under Local Laws, Nature Conservation Act 1992, Sustainable Planning Act 2009 and Environmental Protection Act 1994;
- proceedings in the Planning and Environment Court, including appeals, permissible change applications and applications to revive lapsed approvals;
- advising on matters relating to the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 and Planning Act 2016, including use categorisation, development assessment criteria, lapsing, minor changes, lawfulness of conditions and development offences.
Renee has applied this expertise to a variety of different developments and land uses, including wind and solar farms, coal seam gas developments, quarries, grain storage facilities, agricultural uses, residential developments, coal mines and tourist parks.