Helen is a Solicitor based in P&E Law’s Maroochydore office and works in the area of Planning and Environment law.
Helen joined P&E Law as a law clerk in 2016 after completing an internship through the University of the Sunshine Coast. Helen has completed her law degree and was admitted as a solicitor in February 2019.
Helen enjoys the multi-faceted nature of the issues that arise in the planning and environment jurisdiction such as bushfire, flooding, geotechnical, environmental conservation, amenity and strategic planning issues.
In her spare time Helen enjoys surfing, playing music, performing in plays and spending time outdoors with her friends and family.
- Appeals and originating applications in the Planning and Environment Court.
- Advising on matters relating to the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 (Qld) and the Planning Act 2016 (Qld) including lapsing development approvals, minor changes, lawfulness of conditions and development offences.
- Appeals and advice work relating to infrastructure charging.
- Advising on enforcement matters including responding to show cause and enforcement notices.
- Advising clients in land resumption matters under the Acquisition of Land Act 1967 (Qld).