Liam Fredrick Cunliffe
Liam is a Solicitor based in P&E Law's Brisbane office, working in the area of Planning and Environment law.
While completing his Bachelor of Laws at Queensland University of Technology, Liam obtained work experience in a range of legal disciplines, including insurance claims, alternative dispute resolution and criminal law.
During his work experience in P&E Law’s Cairns office in 2020, Liam became fascinated with planning, environment and native title law, particularly with the benefit that these areas of law provide for individuals and the collective community.
Liam has experience working throughout the areas of practice that P&E Law specialise in, including planning and environment, native title and cultural heritage, CSG and mining.
Outside of work, Liam plays soccer for Maroochydore FC and enjoys the natural beauty that the Sunshine Coast has to offer.
- Advising clients on matters under the Planning Act 2016 (Qld) including existing lawful use rights, use characterisation, infrastructure conversion applications and charge offsets, minor change applications, development conditions and development offences.
- Advising clients on gaining access to land via imposition of easement under the Land Title Act 1974 (Qld).
- Advising clients on land resumption matters under the Acquisition of Land Act 1967 (Qld).
- Assisting the firm’s senior solicitors in Planning and Environment Court proceedings, including planning appeals and enforcement proceedings.
- Appearing in the Planning and Environment Court in relation to planning appeals and originating applications.
- Advising, drafting and negotiating Ancillary Agreements and Cultural Heritage Management Agreements on behalf of native title claimants and Aboriginal parties.
- Advising and representing native title claimants in applications under the Nature Conservation (Protected Areas Management) Regulation 2017 (Qld) to restrict access to areas containing aboriginal cultural heritage and threatened natural resources.
- Advising, drafting and negotiating Conduct and Compensation Agreements and land access matters under the Petroleum and Gas (Production and Safety) Act 2004 (Qld) and Mineral Resources Act 1989 (Qld).