- Bachelor of Laws – Queensland University of Technology,
- Legal Practitioner of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Legal Practitioner of the High Court of Australia
- Queensland Law Society
- National Environmental Law Association (NELA)
- Environmental Institute of Australia
- Royal Australian Planning Institute
- Queensland Environmental Law Association (QELA)
- Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA)
- Property Rights Australia
Lestar Manning is a highly regarded planning and environment lawyer in Queensland.
He continues to provide trusted advice to a broad range of clients including government, individuals, major developers to first-time developers and community groups.
Lestar provides ongoing training for his clients and the community touching on matters such as conditions of approval, drafting planning instruments, vegetation clearing, coastal management, due diligence, property rights and infrastructure.
Lestar’s legal strengths are his depth of knowledge within the jurisdiction, his pragmatism and his ability to think laterally to find solutions.
Lestar has dealt with matters under planning legislation from the Local Government Act 2009, the Sustainable Planning Act 2009, the Planning Act 2016, the Environmental Protection Act 1994, the Nature Conservation Act 1992, the Vegetation Management Act 1999, the Water Act 2000, the Mineral Resources Act 1989, the Petroleum Act 1923, the Petroleum and Gas (Production and Safety) Act 2004,the Coastal Protection and Management Act 1995, the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999, to the Right to Information Act 2009 and numerous other pieces of legislation and subordinate legislation.
A continuing benefit that Lestar gains from working in planning and environmental law is his interaction with numerous other consultants as part of a team to set goals to achieve outcomes for mutual clients.
Lestar has specialised in this area of law for more than two decades and has assisted numerous clients in achieving their goals by drafting documents; preparing for Court; instructing counsel and appearing as advocate in Court; providing timely advice; and negotiating outcomes.
Lestar would like to help you to achieve your goals.
Examples of the types of jobs completed within last 5 years:
Planning and environment law
- Numerous appeals and originating applications in the Planning and Environment Court;
- Due diligence in relation development;
- Advice work in relation to prospects and process for development;
- Vegetation issues in appeals and advices;
- Water Act appeals and advices;
- Environment Protection Biodiversity Conservation Act advice in relation to appeals;
- Coastal Protection and Management Act advices, climate change and sea level rise;
- Appeals and advice in relation to infrastructure planning;
- Environmental harm and environmentally relevant activities advices and appeal work.
- Negotiation of mineral resource agreements in relation to access, compensation and planning and environmental issues;
- Water Act defences in relation to prosecutions;
- Vegetation clearing defence work in relation to prosecutions;
- Drafting submission in relation to vegetation laws in Queensland to the senate enquiry and giving evidence before that enquiry;
- Drafting advices and submissions in relation to Wild Rivers Act declarations;
- Seeking to change government policy in relation to property rights by submitting correspondence, legal challenges and by conducting seminars;
- Bringing originating applications before the Planning and Environment Court to enforce conditions of environmental authorities.
- Advising in relation to enforcement options;
- Assisting in relation to the nature of evidence required for enforcement proceedings;
- Preparing and settling enforcement notices for various breaches of planning schemes and approvals;
- Declaratory relief in relation to breaches of planning schemes and approvals;
- Court appearances in relation to these issues;
- Preparing template packages for repetitious enforcement matters for Council operation;
- Defending enforcement notices and other proceedings.
- Advising about drafting and settling local laws;
- Advising about and settling planning schemes;
- Advising about and settling priority infrastructure plans;
- Advising and settling infrastructure charges resolutions.