- Bachelor of Laws – University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Arts – University of Queensland
- Practice Management Certificate – Distinction
- Legal Practitioner of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Queensland Law Society
- Queensland Environmental Law Association (QELA)
- Planning Institute of Australia
Tanya Knauer is a Senior Solicitor based in p&e Law‘s Cairns office, and has over 23 years’ experience in planning and environment and government law, advising government clients, developers and individuals in the Far North and Statewide.
Tanya has extensive experience in interpreting and advising on a broad range of legislation, including the Sustainable Planning Act 2009, the Planning Act 2016, the Local Government Act 2009, the Building Act 1975, the Environmental Protection Act 1994, the Environmental Offsets Act 2014, the Water Act 2000, the Water Supply (Safety and Reliability) Act 2008, the Coastal Protection and Management Act 1995, the Vegetation Management Act 1999, the Wet Tropics World Heritage Protection and Management Act 1993, the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999, the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Act 1975, the Transport Infrastructure Act 1994 and the Airport Assets (Restructuring and Disposal ) Act 2008.
Examples of Experience:
Planning and Environment Law
- Appeals and originating applications in the Planning and Environment Court;
- Advice work in relation to all aspects of development, including historical issues, the IDAS process, due diligence, covenants and conditions;
- Advice work in relation to environmental harm, environmental authorities and environmental offsets.
- Drafting, reviewing and advising in relation to planning schemes, infrastructure planning and charging documents, local laws and Land Use Plans for port land and airport land.
- Appeals and advice work in relation to infrastructure planning and charging;
- Drafting and negotiating infrastructure agreements in relation to a variety of infrastructure;
- Advising on the community infrastructure designation process and requirements under the Sustainable Planning Act 2009;
- Advice work in relation to water supply and sewerage issues, including service areas, compliance and enforcement issues, charging and metering, and review of Customer Service Standards and Trade Waste Policies.
- Providing training to government clients with respect to planning and environment and government issues, including disaster management and liability, development, enforcement and infrastructure.
Specialised knowledge & innovative law solutions for