Renee is a Solicitor based in P&E Law’s Cairns office and has a wealth of experience across the firm’s core practice areas.
Renee started as a law graduate in the Maroochydore office before moving to Far North Queensland in 2018.
Renee has a professional and academic background in environmental management and has experience in environmental assessment and reporting.
Outside of work, Renee loves sailing/cruising on her yacht, snorkeling, camping, eating Japanese cuisine and watching movies.
- Advising on matters under the Planning Act 2016 (Qld) (and the repealed Sustainable Planning Act 2009 (Qld)) including planning litigation, use categorisation, lapsing, minor changes and conditions.
- Acting in Planning and Environment Court proceedings, including:
- enforcement proceedings;
- applications for minor changes to development approvals; and
- applications seeking the revival of lapsed approvals;
- Advising in relation to offences under Local Laws, Nature Conservation Act 1992 (Qld), Planning Act 2016 (Qld), Fisheries Act 1994 (Qld) and Environmental Protection Act 1994 (Qld).
- Advising on environmental authorities under the Environmental Protection Act 1994 (Qld), including ERA categorisation, regulatory requirements and conditions.
- Advising, drafting and negotiating agreements for coal seam gas and coal mine developments on behalf of landholders, including Conduct and Compensation Agreements and Make Good Agreements.
- Advising on environmental law issues relating to groundwater, land rehabilitation, erosion and sediment control, noise and dust nuisance and vegetation management.