Cara is an Associate based in P&E Law’s Maroochydore office working closely with Andrew Williams on planning and environment matters.
Cara came to us as a work placement student in 2019 and prior to that volunteered at the Environmental Defenders Office.
Cara is drawn to planning and environment law by her passion for the environment and enjoys being able to play a part in the provision of well-designed and thoughtful developments.
Outside of the office she loves walking her dog, camping, and working on her fitness.
- Acting in Planning and Environment Court appeals.
- Advising in relation to enforcement matters, use categorisation, minor changes, and conditions.
- Assisting with development applications and information responses.
- Advising local governments in relation to development application assessment.
- Acting and advising in relation to land acquisitions.
- Advising in relation to offences under Local Laws, Planning Act 2016 (Qld), and Environmental Protection Act 1994 (Qld).
- Advising on environmental law issues relating to land rehabilitation, contamination, erosion and sediment control, nuisance, and vegetation management.