Mellisa is an Associate based in P&E Law’s Brisbane office working closely with Lestar Manning on planning and environment matters.
Mellisa is passionate about environmental and social issues and commenced her law career in the Planning and Environment field following her admission to practice in 2019.
Prior to law, her professional background includes roles in hospitality management and marketing in which she developed and honed her skills in client interaction, leadership, communication and teamwork.
As a former Associate at the Fair Work Commission, Mellisa has an understanding and insight into legal decision making processes.
Mellisa enjoys working collaboratively with her peers, clients and experts to achieve strategic, creative and commercial solutions for her clients.
Outside of work Mellisa enjoys exploring Brisbane’s foody scene and getting out into the great outdoors with friends and family.
- Acting in Planning and Environment Court proceedings.
- Advising on matters under the Planning Act 2016 (Qld) including enforcement matters, existing lawful use rights, use categorisation, changes to development approvals, conditions imposed upon development approvals, infrastructure charges and conversion applications.
- Assisting clients with development applications, including superseded planning scheme applications.
- Advising on compensation claims resulting from adverse planning scheme changes.
- Advising on land acquisitions under the Acquisition of Land Act 1967 (Qld).
- Advising on environmental authorities and compliance matters under the Environmental Protection Act 1994 (Qld).
- Advising clients in relation to Local Law permits, approvals and offences.